Job Opportunities at BioSpeech
Part-Time IOS/Swift Developer – Job Description
BioSpeech is hiring an iOS/Swift developer to join our dynamic team. BioSpeech’s objective is to build innovative diagnostic, remedial, assistive, and educational Apps for people with verbal communication challenges – resulting from hearing loss, speech/language impairment, being a non-native speaker, or social communication difficulties.
BioSpeech technology is developed in close collaboration with OHSU’s Center for Spoken Language Understanding — an academic center internationally known for its speech and language technology research.
A swift developer is needed to implement these applications for distribution on iOS devices. Collaborators will include other developers, academic researchers, clinicians (speech language pathologists), graphics designers and voice talents. Typical responsibilities include the following:
- Ongoing development and feature expansion of existing iOS applications
- Evaluate the feasibility of new projects
- Work within a multidisciplinary group to achieve business objectives
- Exploring new product lines
- 1+ years of iOS application development experience in Swift
- Experience should include
- Work closely with product design, engineers and management to establish and test product features and specifications
- Driving quality through Unit/UI and customer testing
- Product release via the app store
- Thrives in a very small development team
Nice To Have:
- Teamwork & Collaboration
- Interpersonal Skills
- Attention to detail
BS/MS in Computer Science or STEM degree or comparable knowledge/experience
BioSpeech offers a compelling and rewarding work environment. We offer market competitive salaries and meaningful growth and development opportunities and a casual yet technically challenging work environment. Join our dynamic, entrepreneurial team and become part of our continuing success.
- Flexible schedule and location. You must be located in the U.S. preference given if you are located in Portland. Weekly collaborative meetings. Otherwise, this is a remote position. All you need is a computer and access to a stable internet connection (which we sponsor!).
- Flexible work hours – outside of scheduled meetings, we don’t care *when* you work, we care about your output.
- Generous paid vacation + national holidays. You’ll receive 3 weeks of paid time off + national holidays.