The Clearly Audiobooks app is an enhanced audiobook app to train your brain for improved speech understanding. The app includes a built-in personalized program with specialized speech modes and support features to help those with hearing loss challenges. This new research-based app was created by a team of Auditory specialists and computer scientists from BioSpeech in collaboration with OHSU and funded by a NIH grant.
Day-to-day Challenges of Hearing Loss are Real
Over 466 million people world-wide have a disabling hearing loss. For those people, missing out on conversations can cause frustration, confusion, fatigue and loneliness. Hearing aids and cochlear implants can help amplify sound, but research shows auditory training through listening exercises is critical for improving speech understanding.
The Clearly Audiobooks app incorporates auditory training while you enjoy listening to stories.
Key to Training
Listening to audiobooks is beneficial because hearing involves not only recognizing sounds, but also interpreting them. Key to our Auditory training is listening to the audiobooks with background noise, which improves speech recognition by training you to tune into the narrator voice amidst the competing background noise. Training to hear a specific voice with background noise translates to many real-world situations, such as crowded restaurants, outside at a park, group meetings, fitness classes and many more.
Why Choose Clearly Audiobooks?
It’s been found that adherence and consistency appear vitally important for optimizing the outcomes of auditory training. We’ve designed Clearly Audiobooks to meet this need! Our auditory training program benefits include:
- Entertaining: Pick the audiobooks you enjoy listening to!
- Motivating: Visually appealing interactive dashboard to meet and beat your goals!
- Simplicity: Built to be easy to use and accessible. Seamlessly change your speech modes and support features directly on the book-playing page.
- Personalized: Adapts to your hearing abilities and timeline so you can train at your own pace.
- Easy to Track Progress: Check in for real-time feedback on weekly goals that adapt to your hearing progress.
- Portable: Sufficiently intensive listening program, since it can be accessed any time of day or location at your convenience.